Public services: co-production and active citizenship workshop
Monday 31st Januray 2018
Third sector, public service organisations, policy and academic colleagues are invited to a workshop which will explore co-production in public services and its inter-relationship with active citizenship within Scottish society. The event will consider the following themes:
- Does co-production facilitate active citizenship?
- Developing co-production and active citizenship: current learning from the third sector
- Combining the expertise of service users and employees during the delivery of public services
- Co-creating value within public services.
The workshop will be an opportunity to explore the emerging findings and implications of recent studies including:
- Research undertaken in Scotland for the EU funded SOLIDUS project (Solidarity in European societies: empowerment, social justice and citizenship)
- Research on co-production and value co-creation that is being developed by the Centre for Service Excellence at the University of Edinburgh Business School.
The event will comprise workshops, panel discussions and presentations. These will include responses from public service practitioners and presentations from University of Edinburgh Business School staff. Lunch and refreshments will be available on the day.
Registration and refreshments will be available from 10am for a prompt start at 10.30am.
Registration essential as a limited number of places are available.
If you would like further information about the day please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If the workshop is full and you wish to be placed on the waiting list, please contact email@example.com.