Discussions

Equal Partners in Care resource to support workforce learning on carers

Added by GillR

Hi, I'm Gill Ryan and I'm the project lead on the Carers Strategy for NHS Education and the Scottish Social Services Council. I'm new to the network and I wanted to tell you a wee bit about our project Equal Partners in Care (EPiC). Hopefully you will see ways it can fit in with work you're doing involving carers and you may be interested in collaborating and sharing practice on this. Read on...

The Equal Partners in Care core principles for working with carers and young carers were launched in June at a reception to mark national Carers Week. The core principles are intended to underpin workforce learning for the health, social services and other sectors and will help ensure a consistent approach to working with carers and young carers. They are based on six key outcomes for carers and outline the knowledge and skills workers need to identify and support carers. You can access the core principles, related practice examples and learning resources at www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/equalpartnersincare or www.ssks.org.uk/equalpartnersincare

Equal Partners in Care is a joint project between NHS Education for Scotland and the Scottish Social Services Council to implement the workforce learning elements of the Carers Strategy 2010-15. The next stage of the project is to distribute the core principles and make sure they are used in practice.

We are looking for people in different practice settings, from health, social services, third sector and other services, educators and training providers, to use the core principles to plan their workforce learning on carers and young carers.  As part of an EPiC Implementation Network, you can take part in an online community of practice, share your experiences of using the core principles, and learn from what others have done.

If you are interested in getting involved in the EPiC Implementation Network, please contact me for more information at gill.ryan@nes.scot.nhs.uk

Thanks

GillR

Hi there!

Added by samjordan under General Chat

My name's Sam Jordan and I'm the newest addition to the SCDC team. I recently joined as Information and Communciations officer and will be spending some of my time working on the Scottish Co-production Network as part of my role.

I'll be helping to maintain this website and keep you up-to-date with the latest news and events around the sector as well as helping to spark some discussion. I'm really looking forward learning more about co-production, as well as engaging with you all on the website and at future events - so don't be a stranger!

You can get in touch with me at sam@scdc.org.uk or can tweet me @SCDC_Sam

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sam.