Discussions

Pertinent CHEX policy paper

Added by AndrewSCDC under General Chat

Hi all,

Thought I'd take the opportunity to highlight CHEX's new policy briefing, “Tackling Scotland's health inequalities: A time for radical change?”, which brings together some recent policy statements and research findings around health inequalities in Scotland, including recent reports from Audit Scotland and Scotland's Chief Medical Officer.  These provide stark reading for anyone concerned with improving the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities.

Within the documents there is a call for radical change in how Scotland tackles health inequalities. CHEX welcomes and supports this call for change together with greater recognition and backing for the contribution that community-led health approaches can bring. Read "Tackling Scotland's health inequalities: A time for radical change?"

New reports, publications and events

Added by Olivia under Tools & Methods

Hi folks

I have just added some new events in the calendar and some new reports in the Resources section of the website including a series of reports from JRF around support in older age and from David Boyle around how people use choice in public services.

Enjoy!

Olivia

Community Pharmacy Partnership Northern Ireland

Added by elspethg under Tools & Methods

Here at CHEX we have had contact with the Community Development Health Network in Northern Ireland over many years. It occurred to me that their long standing programme of Community Pharmacy Partnership projects might offer a model of co-production that we would benefit from in Scotland. Here's the link to their website check it out and decide for yourselves. http://www.cdhn.org/pages/index.asp?title=Building_the_Community-Pharmacy_Partnership