Discussions

National Conference - registration now open!

Added by Olivia under General Chat

National Co-production and Community Capacity Building Conference - registration now open!

20th February 2013, Herriot Watt University, Edinburgh

Hosted by the Joint Improvement Team (JIT) and supported by the Scottish Co-production Network and other national partners, this event will bring together both practitioner, user and community perspectives on achieving positive outcomes for Scotland’s individuals and communities.

With a focus on prevention and change this participative and interactive event will be of interest to strategists, practitioners, policy makers, and local organisations working towards healthier, stronger communities through co-production and community capacity building .

The event is free to those working in the statutory and non-statutory sectors including, health, social work, housing, and third and independent organisations, and to user and carer representatives.  A full programme and registration details can be found here: http://bookings.shscevents.co.uk/all/2862

**Please note - this event has now reached capacity. If you would like to be placed on a reserve list, please register at the link above and you will be notified if a place becomes available. **

Welsh visit

Added by LMcLaren

Just wanted to share my thanks to everyone involved in the session in Edinburgh on the 7th.

I found the presentations from our Welsh collegues inspirational (especially those with reference to Time Banking). I am hoping to get in touch with Spice in the New Year to pick their brains... so much to learn from. 

Also great oppportuntiy to meet up with colleagues who are based a bit closer to home. Was really great nattering to Julie from the Edinburgh Time Banks. As with this type of work I feel it is so important to network, share and ultimately learn from each other.

I am working hard at spreading the Co-Productive word in Perth and Kinross through Time Banking and if anyone wants to get involved or learn more about our project, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks Olivia and the rest of the team for organising a great event.

Lesley

A thank you from our Welsh visitors!

Added by Olivia under General Chat

'Just a quick but massive 'THANK YOU' to all of the Scottish network members who came to the Network event on Friday and who shared their ideas, experience and loveliness with the Wales crew. We were knocked out by you and your work, and by the warmth of the welcome(not to mention the quality of the sandwiches)!

We all had an absolutely superb time and have returned re-energised and filled with celtic bonhomie.

Please stay in touch - together we can change the world!

Diolch yn fawr.

Ruth, Phill, Rick, Constance, Claire, Jan, Tricia, Steve, Lisa, Carol, Maria, Bev.'